- Voltage References & Regulators
- Transistors & Diodes
- DC-DC Converters
- Gate Drivers
- Analog-to-digital Converters & Comparators
- Logic Gates
- Oscillators & Timers
MAGMA is a high temperature Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Controller. It operates at constant frequency, adjustable from 50KHz up to 500KHz. MAGMA can operate with input voltages from 6 to 30V. It also features an internal voltage reference, input feed forward compensation making it less sensitive to input voltage variations, and a soft start activated whenever MAGMA comes out of stand-by or the output is enabled. An under-voltage lockout function maintains the PWM output low until the controller has sufficient supply voltage for proper operation. A “power good” comparator returns a “good” signal when the DC-DC converter output voltage has reached a programmable threshold. A synchronization pin can be driven by an external clock while the internal clock is available on CKOUT pin.
- Temperature range: -55°C to 225°C
- Voltage Mode PWM Controller
- Adjustable Max Duty Cycle up to 90%
- Constant Switching Frequency adjust-able between 50KHz to 500KHz
- Input Voltage from 6V to 30V
- Input Voltage Feed Forward
- On-chip 2.5V Reference Voltage
- Stand-by Mode
- Under Voltage Lockout
- Soft-Start Capability
- Synchronization Capability
- Power Good Flag
- Output Enable
DC-DC Converters in Oil&Gas, Industrial, Aerospace & Automotive.
4 evalutation kits implementing DC-DC converters based on CHT-MAGMA are available from Cissoid. These evaluation kits are:
- EVK-VESUVIO, a High Temperature, High Efficiency Step-down DC-DC, up to 50W.
- EVK-EREBUS, a High Temperature, High Efficiency Step-down DC-DC, up to 280W.
- EVK-STROMBOLI, a High Temperature, High Efficiency isolated DC-DC (Flyback), up to 50W/150W.
- EVK-FUJI , a High Temperature non-isolated DC-DC (Flyback), with triple output: up to 2W, board size=3x1 inch².
If you need support for your high temperature design, contact Cissoid.
Application: Buck DC-DC converter based on MAGMA PWM controller.
|Product name||Ordering reference||Package||Marking|